ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE) – The University of New Mexico Hospital says a recent internet outage is not a part of a cyberattack seen across the country. Federal agencies say Russian hackers infected at least five hospitals with ransomware that could interrupt medical treatments; Hundreds more could be at risk.
UNMH has some internet and email issues Thursday but a spokesperson said it was not related to that attack. Instead, a construction crew dug up about 1,900 feet of fiber optic cable by mistake. It did not affect patient care.
Latest Local News
- NM United’s Cristian Nava will miss the 2023 season
- Lobos’ Tristin Lively is the Mountain West Pitcher of the Week
- Community helps turn girl’s storybook into a song
- Speed cameras added to Montgomery with more on the way throughout ABQ
- Sports Desk: Lobos sophomore Birima Seck goes into the transfer portal