ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE) – University of New Mexico students and staff don’t have to cross campus to get a meal any longer. In a partnership with Grubhub, the university launched a food delivery service earlier this month. It runs from Monday through Friday from 10 a.m. until 2 p.m., delivering food from the Subway and Mandalay at the Student Union Building.
Officials say it’s a safe and easy way to grab a bite. “During the pandemic, when we are able to offer creative ways for our campus to maintain distance, but still get service experiences, it’s a win-win for us,” said Amanda Gerard, UNM food operations manager.
Officials hope to expand the service to other dining options from the SUB.
Latest Local News
- Saban tests positive for COVID-19, will miss Iron Bowl
- Big Game Bound Week 12: Lions’ Thanksgiving tradition & best NFL rivalries
- President-elect Biden to deliver Thanksgiving address
- WATCH LIVE: APD to release details of recent officer-involved shootings
- Interactive map: County-by-county COVID risk assessment heading into Thanksgiving