ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE) – The University of New Mexico is honoring a slain high school basketball star. J.B. White, who played at Santa Fe High, was shot and killed at a house party in Santa Fe over the summer. He had committed to the Lobos and planned to study business at UNM.
Now, the Anderson School of Business has established the JB White Memorial Scholarship for students earning their business degree. Preference will be given to students at Santa Fe high or another northern New Mexico school; Playing basketball will not be required.
To help kick off the scholarship fund, UNM head basketball coach Paul Weir donated his teaching salary from fall 2020 and another additional donation.
- Local sports world mourns J.B. White
- Loved ones remember the life of basketball star J.B. White
- Candlelight vigil held for Santa Fe basketball star J.B. White
- Suspect in J.B. White’s murder has a history of violence
- Teen accused of killing J.B. White appears in court, witness speaks
- Santa Fe High basketball star J.B. White shot and killed