ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE) – Jury selection begins Tuesday in the trial of the man accused of murdering a University of New Mexico baseball player. Police say in 2019, Darian Bashir shot and killed 23-year-old Jackson Weller outside a Nob Hill bar.
Story continues below:
- Crime: Man arrested in Santa Rosa murder
- Trending: Former state rep. Sheryl Williams Stapleton indicted on 28 charges
- National: Laundrie family attorney cancels press conference at FBI’s request
- New Mexico News: Hundreds of Indigenous women and girls remain missing, many in NM
- KRQE en Espanol: KRQE En Español: Lunes 21 de Septiembre 2021
Police say Weller got into an altercation with some people. Bashir was not one of them, but he allegedly pulled out a gun and shot Weller in the chest. Police say it was all captured on surveillance video. Opening statements can begin as early as Wednesday.