ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE) – The Special Olympics has been hit really hard by COVID-19. Their in-person training and competitions have all been canceled since March, leaving their athletes without vital health resources and social interaction.
Special Olympics New Mexico Corporate Relations and Events Manager Brittany Scanlon discusses the annual Posole Ole Fun Walk Fundraiser and 5K and why they need the community’s help now more than ever. The event is a virtual walk or 5K that you can participate in any time between December 5 and December 12, 2020.
It costs $25 to participate in the event, however, any donation of $50 or more is eligible to receive an event t-shirt. Register online to join the Posole Ole Fun Walk and 5K. You can also make online contributions to Special Olympics New Mexico.
Latest Community News:
- Water Authority offers tips on planning xeriscape conversions
- Albuquerque Dept. of Senior Affairs releases annual quick guide to services
- Peopleworks-NM highlights need for counseling, support during pandemic
- What’s happening around New Mexico Jan 22 – Jan 28
- Free tax help for low-income residents, seniors in New Mexico