ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE) – Sunday marks the busiest day of the holiday weekend for the Sunport. Airport officials say about 16,000 passengers are expected to pass through.
Story continues below
- COVID: First COVID, then hair loss?
- KRQE En Español: Martes 25 de Enero 2022
- Trending: Recreational cannabis industry may be off to bumpy start
- National: OSHA officially ends vaccine rule for employers
- Business: Smith’s workers threaten to strike if no deal is reached
Between Thanksgiving and Saturday, they had anticipated about 13,000 a day. At last check, both economy lots are full and people are asked to use off-site parking.
The Sunport on a normal travel day sees about 12,000 passengers. Officials say holiday travel is still down about 20% from 2019.