ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE) – A local speech therapy clinic is finding unique ways to teach its students. Not only are the instructions at Chatterbox doing speech exercises with their students virtually but they’re also doing virtual toga and meditation.
Owner Tanya Friend has even taken the kids on adventures outside and reads a book to them with her horses.
“It’s visually stimulating but then we’re able to use the video to talk to them just as we would if they were right in front of us and ask them to engage and interact with us. So it’s working,” said Friend.
Chatterbox has been sharing all its lessons on YouTube. Friend says their student’s siblings and parents have all been getting in on the lessons too.
New Mexico Coronavirus Resources
- Tracking Coronavirus in New Mexico
- Tracking Coronavirus in Navajo Nation
- Trendline Charts: New Mexico Coronavirus Cases by County, by Day
- COVID-19 case by state, global statistics, maps
- COVID-19 Projections: when will coronavirus be over?
- COVID-19 Testing Sites
- New Mexico’s Public Health Emergency Order
- Essential & Non-Essential Business Operations
- Phone numbers, websites to know during COVID-19
- Donate Blood
- Job changes due to coronavirus – Here’s what you need to know
- Jobs: These businesses are looking to hire due to coronavirus
- How to help during coronavirus
- Resource for New Mexico Seniors
- New Mexico School Meal Sites