ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE) – The University of New Mexico expects to save big after a historic building on its campus was outfitted with solar panels. The new solar panels are at Zimmerman Library.
The university says they’ll cover the electric needs of the building and then some. UNM expects to save $25,000 and reduce its carbon footprint by 15 tons a year.
Latest Local News
- Stores still enforcing capacity limits despite smaller crowds
- City tackling old problem at dozens of city parks
- Early voter turnout seeing record numbers
- Grant’s Thursday Evening Forecast
- Woman arrested for aggravated battery at Los Altos Park