ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE) – The University of New Mexico expects to save big after a historic building on its campus was outfitted with solar panels. The new solar panels are at Zimmerman Library.
The university says they’ll cover the electric needs of the building and then some. UNM expects to save $25,000 and reduce its carbon footprint by 15 tons a year.
Latest Local News
- NMSP find 2 bodies with gunshot wounds in car
- Albuquerque man admits he tried to rape woman on jogging path
- UNM triples number of electric vehicle charging stations on campus
- Multiple agencies investigating possible hate crime against UNM student
- People buying old APS portables, but not picking them up