He sent his family a video of himself on the La Luz trail around 6 p.m. that day and that was the last they heard from him. Searchers have been looking for him ever since.
On Saturday, dozens of volunteers, search dogs, and drones helped with the search. “We’re using some good search tactics with good resources so we’re hopeful for some success today,” said Search and Rescue Incident Commander Spenser Moreland.
Hernandez-Avila is still missing. If anyone knows of his whereabouts, they are asked to contact New Mexico State Police.
- Tracking Coronavirus in New Mexico
- Tracking Coronavirus in Navajo Nation
- New Mexico Coronavirus Cases by County, by Day
- What you need to know about New Mexico’s Public Health Order
- Red, Yellow, Green Level Definitions
- What do I need to know about the COVID vaccine in New Mexico
- Evictions – Supreme Court Ruling
- New Mexico CARES Act grants to be dispersed by Christmas Eve