ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE) – The Rail Yards Market organizes a weekly veggie box program, giving locals a fun way to try something new and healthy. Veggie Box Ambassador Ching Lu and farmer Victoria Montoya spoke about the program and showed how to cook shishito peppers which will be available for this week’s veggie box.
Story continues below:
- Jobs: City of Albuquerque still trying to fill vacancies; hiring bonuses continue
- Vaccine: Vaccination deadline looms for NM university students, faculty, and staff
- Education: APS seeing a rise in violence and bad behavior among students
- Marijuana: High potency marijuana and possible impact on New Mexico teens
- KRQE en Espanol: KRQE en Espanol: Miercoles 17 de Septiembre 2021
Most weeks feature 5-8 produce varieties, including vegetables, fruit, herbs, and nuts from small Farms all over New Mexico and 75% of sales go directly to farms, while 25% is donated to the market. The veggie box can be ordered online through the Rail Yards website.