After initially being charged in her death, he’s now facing tampering with evidence and reckless child abuse because prosecutors say he tried to dispose of the girl’s body. Gonzales’s attorney argues his rights to a speedy trial have been violated.
Now prosecutors have filed a motion for a definite trial setting. They expect the trial to take about 10 days.
- Court documents reveal complications in Victoria Martens murder case
- Appeals court backs Albuquerque judge in Fabian Gonzales case
- Judge requires suspect in Victoria Martens case to keep GPS monitoring, allows unsupervised contact with kids
- Suspect in death of Victoria Martens accused of violating terms of release
- Fabian Gonzales seeks changes to conditions of release
- Court upholds ruling to release suspect in Victoria Martens case