ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE) – The Albuquerque Police Department is investigating a crash that resulted in the death of a pedestrian in the intersection of Montgomery and San Mateo Thursday afternoon.
Witnesses called police about 1:45 p.m. reporting the crash. They said a man appeared to be panhandling and talking to other individuals prior to walking from north to south across Montgomery. A vehicle traveling eastbound on Montgomery struck the man who died at the scene from his injuries.
The driver fled the scene following the crash. Witnesses followed the vehicle for a short distance. The vehicle was later located by police at an apartment complex on Montgomery. The APD Motors Unit is attempting to locate the driver.
- Tracking Coronavirus in New Mexico
- Tracking Coronavirus in Navajo Nation
- New Mexico Coronavirus Cases by County, by Day
- What you need to know about New Mexico’s Public Health Order
- Red, Yellow, Green Level Definitions
- What do I need to know about the COVID vaccine in New Mexico
- Evictions – Supreme Court Ruling
- New Mexico CARES Act grants to be dispersed by Christmas Eve