ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE) – If you’re driving through downtown Albuquerque, you may notice a couple of new murals. Located on Roma and Second Street, the new project is a visual representation of “Bless Me Ultima” by celebrated New Mexico author Rudolfo Anaya who died earlier this year.
The murals were painted by Madeline Mackenzie, an artist raised in Albuquerque who specializes in folk-inspired mural work. The project was part of the Albuquerque public art MuraLOVE program.
Latest Local News:
- PETA holds ‘Veganuary’ event promoting plant-based diet
- Albuquerque BioPark’s 20-year-old snow leopard dies
- Survey shows people are happy living in Albuquerque
- Bernalillo Co. Fire Dept. urges safety in winter weather conditions
- City preserving height limits on new west side developments in order to keep views