ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE) – A member of the Mescalero Apache Tribe pleaded guilty in federal court Thursday to the charge of assault with a dangerous weapon. Samuel Joseph Chee, 26, admitted that in January, he assaulted a woman with a knife.
The woman, who was also a member of the tribe, suffered multiple cuts to both arms and one of her thumbs that needed emergency treatment. The assault occurred on the Mescalero Apache Reservation in Otero County.
Chee faces 18 months in prison in addition to five months he served in Mescalero tribal custody for the same offense. He will be put in supervised release for three years.
- Greg Jackson of JW MMA Academy is in Van Tate’s Sports Office
- Strong east canyon wind continues overnight
- Albuquerque US Postal Service worker under investigation for TikToks about homeless people
- Federal Appeals Court denies ex-county sheriff’s bid to have conviction overturned
- Doorbell video shows intruder on Albuquerque family’s porch for 6 hours