ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE) – The memorial for a slain Albuquerque Police Officer Daniel Webster has been replaced. A granite stone with his picture, end of watch, and an inscription saying ‘we are forever grateful for his ultimate sacrifice’ went up at Central and Eubank. Webster was shot and killed during a traffic stop there in 2015.
- Plans to replace vandalized memorial for late APD Ofc. Daniel Webster
- Fallen officer’s memorial vandalized
- Park dedicated in honor of fallen Albuquerque Officer Daniel Webster
- Prosecutors seek to show new video evidence in Lymon murder trial
- Jury finds Davon Lymon guilty of murdering APD Ofc. Daniel Webster
- Judge denies request to drop murder charges against accused cop killer
- Public defenders in accused cop killer Davon Lymon case dismissed
- Police officers, eyewitnesses testify in day two of Lymon murder trial
- Davon Lymon trial includes around 300 witnesses
The original memorial was vandalized and then targeted by thieves. The city was asked back in May why it hadn’t been replaced, officials say COVID-19 had delayed those plans but they were working on replacing it. This week, a new memorial was in place.