ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE) – Meals on Wheels of Albuquerque will be able to provide more meals to the community thanks to a recent grant. Meals on Wheels received $47,000 from Blue Cross and Blue Shield of New Mexico for its Low Income Food and Enrichment program.
- Crime: Bernalillo County Sheriff releases video, details in fatal deputy shooting
- New Mexico: NMDOT worker killed on the job along Highway 285
- Sports: Holly Holm to be inducted into International Boxing Hall of Fame
- Weather: Snow, rain, and strong wind starting Wednesday
- KRQE En Español: Miercoles 8 de Diciembre 2021
The program provides meals at no cost or for just $1 for low-income community members. The program has seen a dramatic rise in need since the start of the pandemic — 430% — and typically services between 260 and 400 people a year.