ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE) – Juan Ramirez was sentenced for a chase with New Mexico State Police in 2021. Ramirez pleaded guilty to aggravated fleeing.
- Man who stole truck that killed Albuquerque teen sentenced to prison
- Attorney claims video shows police pursuing truck that fatally hit teen
- Family seeks public’s help locating vehicle that hit and killed 15-year-old
- Witnesses describe police pursuit before hit & run crash that killed teen
- APD admits to chasing stolen truck suspected in deadly hit-and-run
- Vehicular homicide person of interest has lengthy criminal history
In May of 2021, state police suspected Ramirez of driving in a stolen car. When they tried to pull him over, Ramirez took off. The chase ended when Ramirez crashed into a truck near Carlisle and Hilton. Judge David Murphy sentenced Ramirez to six months for the aggravated fleeing case, with an additional eight years for being a habitual offender.