ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE) – A man who disappeared after he was accused in a deadly drunk driving crash is staying behind bars this time. Police say Jordon Johnson was drunk behind the wheel when he hit and killed Kelly Chavez on Christmas Eve in 2018.
He was initially released and ordered to report to pretrial services but when he failed to do that, a warrant was issued for his arrest and was finally arrested again just this past weekend. Friday, a judge ruled to keep him locked up until trial.
Latest Local News
- Video: Naked man steals Biden/Harris sign from Albuquerque yard
- Fire danger increases as New Mexico faces hot, dry weather
- New Mexico tribes concerned about pitch to expand gambling
- Man convicted in deadly stabbing loses state Supreme Court appeal
- Traffic plan aims to make it easier for neighborhoods to get speed bumps, traffic circles