NEW MEXICO (KRQE) – A New Mexico man is accused of collecting thousands in benefits while working at the same time. James Anthony Sandoval was indicted on 51 charges, including theft of government charges and making false statements.
Story continues below
- Albuquerque: Video: Fight between two groups turns deadly in Albuquerque
- Top Story: Car drives through parade in Gallup; injuries now confirmed
- New Mexico: Bureau of Land Management asks for feedback on wild horse gather plan
- Crime: Deadly robbery suspect takes plea deal
- KRQE En Español: Jueves 4 de Agosto 2022
Sandoval is accused of collecting more than $83,000 in social security disability benefits. The payments date back to June 2017. They say he stated he was not able to work, but the federal government say he was working at a Rio Rancho jewelry business the entire time.