ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE) – When a child is placed in foster care, they often find themselves bouncing from home to home. What few belongings they have are given to them in a plastic trash bag. Local realtor Belinda Franco from Reality One of New Mexico is doing something to change that.
Story continues below:
- Business: San Mateo retail center getting revitalized with movie theater, restaurants
- Don’t Miss: City of Albuquerque opens affordable pet care clinic
- Education: Rio Rancho school board candidate defends email to parents
- Marijuana: High potency marijuana and possible impact on New Mexico teens
- KRQE en Espanol: KRQE en Espanol: Miercoles 17 de Septiembre 2021
She’s collecting suitcases to give to foster kids so they can put their stuff in. Franco says giving them a suitcase gives them “a little bit of dignity.” People interested in donating suitcases to foster kids should go to luggageforkids.org.