ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE) – A local jiu-jitsu instructor has been charged with raping a client. Online court records state Rafael Freitas was at a client’s home on Nov. 7.
He allegedly made her a drink, and she reported feeling sleepy afterward. She fell asleep and woke up a few hours later to find Freitas gone and that she was naked from the waist down.
The woman later checked the surveillance footage in her home and alleges that Freitas can be seen taking advantage of her. A Google search of Freitas brings up a link to a page on the Jackson-Wink Academy website, but it’s unclear in what capacity, and the link is now broken.
Freitas is not currently listed as an employee at the gym. A Jackson Wink spokesperson also tells KRQE News 13 Freitas is not an employee of Jackson Wink Academy and never has been.
Latest Crime News:
- Charges dropped for man seen on video running from police
- Man accused of fleeing stolen car, tries to steal another in front of deputies
- Sentencing dates set for 2 women charged in Victoria Martens murder
- Man arrested for 2016 murder and arson in Portales
- Victim shot in Santa Fe car theft; Police search for suspect