ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE) – An Albuquerque woman says she was just trying to enjoy some Fourth of July fireworks when she was attacked by an Albuquerque Police Department K9. Naomi Huerta is filing a lawsuit that alleges she suffered multiple puncture wounds to her leg after a K9 got out of its kennel and attacked her.
The incident happened last year at Balloon Fiesta Park’s Freedom Fourth Celebration. The officers on duty that day are also named in the lawsuit.
- A story of loneliness: Elderly on Navajo Nation talk about hardships due to COVID-19
- Community mourns loss of former state Rep. Edward Sandoval
- Interim superintendent of Las Cruces Public Schools sheds light on his plans
- Albuquerque Solid Waste Dept. starts “Talkin’ Trash Tuesday” video series
- Sandia National Lab employees volunteering with local search and rescue crews