ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE) – The U.S. Air Force has selected a New Mexico base for one of its future aircraft and training forces. Officials say Kirtland Air Force Base has been chosen for the Ghostrider formal training unit.
The relocation from its previous home in Florida is expected to start in 2022. Seven gunships and 372 positions are expected to be transferred. The move is subject to the results of an environmental impact assessment of the relocation.
- MRI researcher may have accidentally discovered how gas planets are magnetic
- City officials give public opportunity to meet police chief candidates Saturday
- Trouble breathing, tooth loss: Some COVID-19 patients face lasting effects
- Survey: Majority of U.S. Catholics say abortion should be legal in most cases
- Pet deer known for bond with 2 husky dogs is seized by Indiana authorities