ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE) – A hiker is recovering after being airlifted from a trail in the Sandia Mountains. The Bernalillo County Fire Department says around 11:30 a.m. Monday, they responded to a woman who had injured her knee while hiking the Tree Springs Trail off Highway 536 south of the Sandia Peak Ski Area.
Story continues below:
- Investigation: What happens after someone attacks a healthcare worker?
- Don’t Miss: New Mexico native recognized in Bon Appétit Magazine for Brooklyn restaurant
- Weird: Man once accused of having sex with horse now accused of escape from jail
- KRQE en Espanol: KRQE En Español: Viernes 23 de Septiembre 2021
- Crime: FBI investigates Albuquerque couple for bank robbery
Firefighters say they were able to airlift her to a station in Tijeras and from there, she was taken to the hospital. The Bernalillo County Sheriff’s Office and the Albuquerque Police Department helped with the rescue.