ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE) – The Indian Pueblo Cultural Center officially unveiled a new hot air balloon on Friday morning. The balloon can hold 12 to 14 passengers, making it the the largest passenger balloon in the state.
The balloon is named “Eyanne on the horizon” which means blessing in Keres. It also features a unique Pueblo design.
“We were very careful with the design. We wanted to make sure it represented the Pueblo people and the Pueblo culture, so we took time to make sure the design was relevant,” said Emily Howard, VP of corp strategy at IPCC.
The new balloon is set to take flight in the coming weeks.
- Lobos move ahead as if they are playing Saturday
- Route 66 Casino shuts down due to COVID-19 surge
- UNM selects new design for seal
- Family holds vigil for 12-year-old killed in motorcycle collision
- Connor’s Sunday Evening Forecast