ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE) – The heat was on Monday at the State Fair, and we’re not talking about the weather.
Chefs fired up their grills for the annual Green Chile Cheeseburger Challenge. Ten restaurants from around the state served up their best burgers, but Oso Grill took first place, followed up runner-up High Point Grill.
Participants say regardless of the competition, everyone wins when New Mexico gets to show off some of its tastiest cuisine.
“Green chile is part of our agriculture, part of our history, it is important to support our farmers and our beef growers so that we can keep our economy growing,” Oso Grill’s Pam Cleckler said.
Below are this year’s competitors:
- Dairy Bar – Red River
- Fuddruckers – Albuquerque
- Sparky’s Burgers – Hatch *2017 Champion
- Isleta Resort & Casino – Isleta
- High Point Grill – Albuquerque
- Village Café – Los Lunas
- Grassburger – Albuquerque
- Oso Grill – Capitan *2018 Champion
- Oak Tree Café – Albuquerque
- Laguna Burger – Laguna *2016 Champion
Oso won both the judging competition and people’s choice award.