ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE) – A Girl Scouts Troop is working to give back, while earning a major award. The troop was outside of Target near Coors and Paseo del Norte collecting socks.
It’s a part of the Sock-tober drive for the APS Community Clothing Bank. Their goal is to collect 1,000 pairs of socks for their bronze award, which is the highest award they can receive at their level.
“I will feel proud of everyone in the troop and I will also feel like I helped out many people,” said Girl Scout Kaitlin Leasure. So far, they’ve collected 500 pairs of socks.
- Baca slash pit near Quemado closed for prescribed burn
- Jeremy Renner reveals details in snow plow accident, says he’d ‘do it again’
- Albuquerque Rail Yards will be transformed into ‘Media Academy’
- Two new special prosecutors joining ‘Rust’ movie set shooting case
- Biden declines to veto GOP-led measure to end COVID-19 emergency