ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE) – A Girl Scouts Troop is working to give back, while earning a major award. The troop was outside of Target near Coors and Paseo del Norte collecting socks.
It’s a part of the Sock-tober drive for the APS Community Clothing Bank. Their goal is to collect 1,000 pairs of socks for their bronze award, which is the highest award they can receive at their level.
“I will feel proud of everyone in the troop and I will also feel like I helped out many people,” said Girl Scout Kaitlin Leasure. So far, they’ve collected 500 pairs of socks.
- Former New Mexico governor hopeful for Griner release
- Several dead in Copenhagen mall shooting; suspect arrested
- New Mexico man sentenced to 30 years for teen’s murder
- Onions sold in 5 states recalled for possible listeria contamination
- American oligarchs: Inside the minds of the country’s wealthiest people