Fire breaks out at UNM dorms

Albuquerque News

ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE) – A fire was reported at a dorm building at the University of New Mexico‘s main campus Wednesday afternoon. Fire crews were led to an area between the first and second floor by construction crews, where smoke was pouring out at Redondo Village.

Albuquerque Fire Rescue says firefighters were able to extinguish the fire before it spread to the rest of the building. Firefighters were seen cutting a hole in the outside of a wall. No one was injured. AFR says the fire is believed to be accidental.

Fire breaks out at UNM dorm building on May 5, 2021 | KRQE Photojournalist Nick Burke

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Media Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Latest Video

Now Trending on KRQE.com

Statewide Hourly Forecasts ⟶

Albuquerque Hourly Forecast

Don't Miss

MORE IN DON'T MISS

Photo Galleries

MORE PHOTO GALLERIES

News Resources - Maps

MORE NEWS RESOURCES