Fire breaks out at assisted living facility, quickly extinguished

Local News

ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE) – A fire this morning forced many people in an Albuquerque retirement community to leave their homes.

the fire broke out around 6 a.m. ina first-floor apartment kitchen of La Vida Llena Retirement Community near Montgomery and Juan Tabo. One person was taken to the hospital, and 13 residents were displaced.

The assisted living facility was once at the center of a coronavirus outbreak. But just last week, officials with the facility said all of their current 435 patients have tested negative for two consecutive tests.


New Mexico Coronavirus Resources


New Mexico Coronavirus Resources

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Latest Video

Now Trending on KRQE.com

Video Forecast

Erica's Wednesday Morning Forecast

Thumbnail for the video titled "Erica's Wednesday Morning Forecast"
More Weather Video Forecast
Albuquerque Hourly Forecast

Don't Miss

More Don't Miss