ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE) – A former local MMA fighter received the maximum prison sentence Friday for sexually abusing a young family member. Gabriel Merendon abused his relative several times from the age of eight to 12-years-old. The Bernalillo County District Attorney says Merendon even threatened the child with a gun.
The victim testified at his trial earlier this year and the jury found him guilty on all 14 counts. Friday, the judge sentenced Merendon to a maximum of 240 years behind bars.
New Mexico Coronavirus Resources
- Tracking Coronavirus in New Mexico
- Tracking Coronavirus in Navajo Nation
- Trendline Charts: New Mexico Coronavirus Cases by County, by Day
- COVID-19 case by state, global statistics, maps
- COVID-19 Projections: when will coronavirus be over?
- COVID-19 Testing Sites
- New Mexico’s Public Health Emergency Order
- Essential & Non-Essential Business Operations
- Phone numbers, websites to know during COVID-19
- Donate Blood
- Job changes due to coronavirus – Here’s what you need to know
- Jobs: These businesses are looking to hire due to coronavirus
- How to help during coronavirus
- Resource for New Mexico Seniors
- New Mexico School Meal Sites