ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE) – Many events this year have been drastically changed as a result of the coronavirus and the State Fair is one of them. EXPO New Mexico General Manager Dan Mourning discusses how things will work this year as the State Fair goes virtual.
State Fair officials made a list of some of the things that makes the fair such a great experience for New Mexico families and were then able to come up with programming that allows for families to have fun and still participate in the event. This year’s virtual fair will include contests such as:
- Cake decorating
- Cookie decorating
- Sidewalk chalk art
- Fresh flower arrangements
- Dried flower arrangements
- “Back to Nature” Photography
- Pet Costume contest
- 2021 New Mexico State Fair Poster Design
Additionally, the fair will be posting several videos to its Facebook page of daily of different entertainers, performers and musicians. There will also be a long list of vendors that are present at the fair each year and people will be able to visit their websites to help support small business in New Mexico.
The 2020 New Mexico Virtual State Fair starts September 14 and runs through September 20. For more information, visit ExpoNM.com.
- 2020 New Mexico State Fair going virtual
- New Mexico State Fair canceled due to coronavirus concerns
- New Mexico State Fair livestock show to be held virtually