1. If you have plans to drive on I-25 or I-40, you need to prepare for driving on slippery roads. This morning and tomorrow afternoon will be the worst times to be driving on the highways. Spot showers will be possible in Albuquerque all day. The best chance for rain will be when the front passes around 3 pm. Accumulations in the metro should be closer to a dusting on Saturday.
2. Governor Michelle Lujan Grisham’s office is responding to sexual abuse allegations by James Hallinan who last served as a media contact for Attorney Hector Balderas. Hallinan tweeted that he and other staffers had been sexually assaulted by the governor but did not offer any other details about when this allegedly happened. The governor’s office is saying those accusations are “categorically false”.
3. A warning for drivers along the ART route. Police will start handing out tickets to violators starting next week. In the past two weeks, APD has issued 155 warnings to people crossing into or over the ART lanes.
Full story: Police will soon issue tickets along ART route
4. CNM film students are taking on the growing film industry. They have raised thousands to fund a new project and they’re hoping to catch the attention of Netflix. “Thought I Lost You” started out a script by writer Riley Del Rey about a cowboy traveling through space and time and has since turned into a full-blown pilot episode and will use only local actors. While the ultimate future of the film is up in the air, Del Rey hopes it inspires big productions coming to film here.
5. If you’re driving around downtown you may see an unusual billboard. It appears to be an add for a lawyer but look a little closer and you’ll realize it appears more than what meets the eye. Visit the website advertised and you’re taken to a site with moving pictures and a familiar mask seen at Meow Wolf. Now people are wondering if the art collective is responsible for the ad and if so, why.
Top Morning Stories
- Powerful storm pounds Southern California with rain, snow
- Rio Rancho police investigate death of 4 family members as murder-suicide
- 12 killed, dozens hurt after plane crashes in Kazakhstan
- Final plans outlined for Albuquerque’s former K-Mart site
- Russia commissions intercontinental hypersonic weapon
- Christmas typhoon leaves 28 dead, 12 missing in Philippines