1.Dramatic dash camera video will likely be used against a man who’s accused of driving drunk and slamming into three cars in one night. Bunnie Gifford is charged with aggravated DWI after police say he blew twice the legal limit. A State Police officers on patrol along I-25 last month says he smelled burning rubber and that’s when he saw a Chevy Sonic driving on just three tires. The officers tries a PIT maneuver to stop the car and soon learns the driver was involved in a hit and run involving three cars.
2. Those serving our country this Christmas are getting a little piece of home thanks to local students. Kids spent hours writing letters to send in care packages overseas. Teachers at South Valley Prep say their middle school students are getting more through this project than just lessons in writing and geography, they’re getting a powerful lesson in paying it forward. Blue Star Mothers are behind the project. This year, students wrote more than 150 letters.
3. Rain chances will increase in Albuquerque this afternoon, clearing out for Christmas Day. Another storm late this week will bring a bigger impact across the state, even bringing a chance for snow the metro. Snow will impact the higher terrain of northern and western New Mexico this afternoon through Christmas Day morning.
Full story: Grant’s Tuesday Morning Forecast
4. The City of Albuquerque will continue delivering free firewood to seniors. If you’re 60 years old or older and live in Bernalillo County, you can call to request the wood. They say the wood is a suitable size for fireplaces but not necessarily wood-burning stoves.
5. Turns out, Santa isn’t the only one with a naughty or nice list. The BioPark does as well. This week, the BioPark is tweeting out which animals have been on their best behavior this year and which ones have not.
Top Morning Stories
- Where is Santa right now? Track his route live with NORAD
- Lobo Men’s Basketball attempts to fill roles of Carlton Bragg, J.J. Caldwell
- Roberts will tap his inner umpire in impeachment trial
- 28 killed as bus plunges into ravine in Indonesia
- Internet show highlights unique piece of New Mexico history
- No Christmas at Notre Dame, as fire forces Mass into exile