ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE) – Community members are gathering Thursday to honor loved ones who were murdered. The annual Day of Remembrance is happening on Thursday at 6 p.m. at Civic Plaza. The event is hosted by a group called Robbed New Mexico founded by Nicole Chavez after her son Jaydon Chavez-Silver was gunned down during a drive-by at a house party in 2015.
Story Continues Below
- Crime: Repeat speeder arrested after going 140 mph down Montgomery
- Albuquerque: Police search for tips in Albuquerque shooting following Walmart altercation
- Weather: Very windy today with cooler temps and chance for showers
- New Mexico: Crew member who gave Baldwin gun subject of prior complaint
- Español: KRQE En Español: Lunes 25 de Octubre 2021
It comes in an especially violent year for Albuquerque when the city has already blown past the homicide record from all previous years. The group invites anyone who wants to remember a murdered loved one to bring pictures and candles. They can also send in the person’s name and date of death beforehand to email@example.com.