ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE) – A local official, who is also a well-known actor, is using humor to promote census participation.
“Since the pandemic, I’ve cleaned the house from top to bottom, I’ve completely organized the garage, the shed, I re-landscaped the yard, repainted everything that had paint. I even cleaned out my sock and t-shirt drawer, man. What possibly more could I do?” said Bernalillo County Commissioner Steven Michael Quezada in a Facebook post.
Quezada was convincing himself to fill out the census by the end of the month, so New Mexico does not miss out on funding from the feds.
Latest Local News
- Video: Naked man steals Biden/Harris sign from Albuquerque yard
- Fire danger increases as New Mexico faces hot, dry weather
- New Mexico tribes concerned about pitch to expand gambling
- Man convicted in deadly stabbing loses state Supreme Court appeal
- Traffic plan aims to make it easier for neighborhoods to get speed bumps, traffic circles