ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE) – The City of Albuquerque is taking over a park previously owned by the Santa Fe Archdiocese. The city put up the winning bid of $60,000 for Santa Barbara Park near Edith and Mountain. The park just across the San Ignacio Catholic Church includes a playground, basketball courts and picnic area.
Story continues below
- Albuquerque: Barelas community leaders hold press conference ahead of United Stadium bond vote
- Coronavirus: Judge denies request to block vaccine mandate at LANL
- Weather: Clouds increase this evening with milder temperatures overnight
- Crime: Friday night crash turns into homicide investigation
- Español: KRQE En Español: Viernes 15 de Octubre 2021
The city’s Parks and Recreation Department has not said if they are planning any changes to the park only that they “look forward to preserving it for generations to come.” The archdiocese has been auctioning off properties to raise money for its bankruptcy case stemming from sexual abuse settlement.