ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE) – The city is moving forward with its plan to build a pedestrian bridge over the railroad tracks to the Convention Center. City council approved the Sky Bridge project between Tijeras and Marquette along with a plaza on the proposed rail trail.
Story continues below:
- Investigation: What happens after someone attacks a healthcare worker?
- Don’t Miss: New Mexico native recognized in Bon Appétit Magazine for Brooklyn restaurant
- Weird: Man once accused of having sex with horse now accused of escape from jail
- KRQE en Espanol: KRQE En Español: Viernes 23 de Septiembre 2021
- Crime: FBI investigates Albuquerque couple for bank robbery
The city also wants to build up the residential space on the adjacent tracts of land. The project is expected to cost $6 million with the city planning to pitch in $1 million in general obligation bond money.