ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE) – The city of Albuquerque is asking the public what it would like to see done with the “Poole Property.” The 23-acre site near Coors and Namaste in Northwest Albuquerque was originally supposed to be used for a large real estate development.
Story continues below:
- Education: UNM launching program that prepares people to work in marijuana industry
- New Mexico News: Texas murder suspect spotted in Chaves County
- Crime: Body found east of Route 66 Casino Saturday night
- Business: M’tucci’s planning to renovate iconic Albuquerque building
- KRQE en Espanol: KRQE En Español: Lunes 27 de Septiembre 2021
However, neighbors fought the move and it was bought by the city for open space. The Open Space Division will hold several tours and public input sessions for ideas on how the property should be opened to the public. The first session is set for Sept. 4 and it will also serve as a volunteer clean-up of the property.