ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE) – Sunday marked Albuquerque’s Ciqlovia event. The annual street party aims to promote active lifestyles and alternative transportation.
The event also offers community education for people interested in cycling and other outdoor activities. “This year, more things are online. You can still utilize those tools on our websites. Basically, we really want our community to get out, move around, and have fun,” said student Delilah Marquez.
Similar events are held around the world. This was the ninth year the event has been held in the city.
- Recent Listeria infection outbreak traced back to deli meat, CDC says
- Tracking the Tropics: Zeta becomes hurricane again in the Gulf of Mexico
- Catholic parishioners demand Mass from Archbishop
- City says Westside shelter, 2 hotels open for homeless during storm
- Ballot proposal: Voters to decide Public Regulations Commission changes