ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE) – A judge denied the change of venue request for Elexus Groves, who is charged with killing a mother and daughter while fleeing from police in 2017. Officials say Groves was behind the wheel of a stolen van when she slammed into another car with Shaylee Boling and her mother Shaunna Arredondo-Boling inside.
Story continues below
- New Mexico: Murder suspect from New York arrested near Edgewood
- Politics: Albuquerque mayoral candidate accused of violating FCC provisions
- Weather: Warmer weather this weekend after a cold start to Saturday
- Crime: Shoplifter hits Target stores 20+ times, taking thousands in goods
- Español: KRQE En Español: Viernes 15 de Octubre 2021
Fourteen-year-old Shaylee Boling and her mother died. Thursday morning Judge Brett Loveless denied the change in venue request. Groves’ trial is scheduled to begin next week.