ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE) – A judge denied the change of venue request for Elexus Groves, who is charged with killing a mother and daughter while fleeing from police in 2017. Officials say Groves was behind the wheel of a stolen van when she slammed into another car with Shaylee Boling and her mother Shaunna Arredondo-Boling inside.
Story continues below:
- Business: San Mateo retail center getting revitalized with movie theater, restaurants
- Don’t Miss: City of Albuquerque opens affordable pet care clinic
- Education: Rio Rancho school board candidate defends email to parents
- Marijuana: High potency marijuana and possible impact on New Mexico teens
- KRQE en Espanol: KRQE en Espanol: Miercoles 17 de Septiembre 2021
Fourteen-year-old Shaylee Boling and her mother died. Thursday morning Judge Brett Loveless denied the change in venue request. Groves’ trial is scheduled to begin next week.