ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE) – A body was found in the back of a patrol car at the University of New Mexico police headquarters Saturday morning. Medical investigators determined the cause of death is not suspicious.
Story continues below:
- COVID: New Mexico COVID-19 cases rise, metro area hospitals weigh in
- Entertainment: Social media personality stops in Albuquerque for food challenge
- Education: PED suspends Floyd school board for rejecting COVID-19 guidelines
- Trending: Fire destroys movie set at Albuquerque Studios
- Crime: Catalytic converter thefts nearly triple in a year’s time
- KRQE En Español: Miercoles 4 de Agosto 2021
Albuquerque police say they obtained surveillance video showing the person was in a hospital gown, got into the car, and was found about 10 hours later. APD is still investigating but says this person likely died from medical issues, dehydration, heat, and lack of oxygen.
Police have not yet released the person’s name.