ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE) – The gorillas and orangutans are not in their exhibit at the BioPark, as they recover from a serious bacterial infection. The BioPark has eight gorillas and four orangutans.
Story continues below:
- Crime: Over 100 citations given in latest racing enforcement operation
- Trending: Body found east of Route 66 Casino Saturday night
- Business: New local eatery hopes to bring “fun” vibe to downtown
- New Mexico News: Colfax County Undersheriff passes away
- National: Man charged with hate crime after threatening US Olympic athlete training in California park
The BioPark says many of them are showing symptoms and are at different phases in the treatment and recovery process. The infection is causing digestive issues.
They are being given medication, fluids, and food. They will remain out of their exhibit until they have recovered. COVID tests on the animals came back negative.