ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE) – The BioPark Zoo is sad to say goodbye to one of its long-time residents. Womona the wombat came to the BIoPark in 2010 after she was rescued as an orphan from Tasmania.
She was euthanized on Sunday following years of chronic kidney failure. Zookeepers estimate Womona was about 13-years-old. The zoo is still home to Otto the wombat, who arrived at the same time as Womona.
- What’s happening around New Mexico July 23 – July 29
- Names of third round of ‘Vax 2 the Max’ winners released
- NMSU researchers using robot to study hospitality industry
- 15,000-year-old viruses never seen by humans discovered in glacier ice
- NM businessmen tried to purchase land when money was seized by Oklahoma deputies