ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE) –A local nonprofit is once again offering free groceries to Bernalillo County senior citizens. Silver Horizons is hosting free drive-thru food markets for low-income seniors 60 and older.
The food will be pre-packed in boxes. Organizers will also be following strict COVID-19 protocols to help prevent the spread of the virus. Seniors picking up food must wear masks and remain in their vehicles at all times. Workers will be placing the food boxes into seniors’ vehicles.
The drive-thru grocery pickup opportunities are from 10 a.m. to noon as follows:
- Monday, Nov. 23 – Rio Bravo Senior Center parking lot, 3910 Isleta Blvd SW
- Tuesday, Nov. 24 – Sherriff’s Posse Outdoor Facility, 10308 2nd St NW
- Monday, Dec. 21 – Rio Bravo Senior Center parking lot, 3910 Isleta Blvd SW
- Tuesday, Dec. 22 – Sherriff’s Posse Outdoor Facility, 10308 2nd St NW
- Education funding on ballots in New Mexico cities’ elections
- Providing animal-assisted therapy to veterans, Paws and Stripes hosts tattoo fundraiser event
- FDA proposes rule to offer over-the-counter hearing aids
- Doomed from the start: The history of Lead and Coal crashes
- Hundreds of bodies discovered under Rhode Island highway during search for gravesite