ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE) –A local nonprofit is once again offering free groceries to Bernalillo County senior citizens. Silver Horizons is hosting free drive-thru food markets for low-income seniors 60 and older.
The food will be pre-packed in boxes. Organizers will also be following strict COVID-19 protocols to help prevent the spread of the virus. Seniors picking up food must wear masks and remain in their vehicles at all times. Workers will be placing the food boxes into seniors’ vehicles.
The drive-thru grocery pickup opportunities are from 10 a.m. to noon as follows:
- Monday, Nov. 23 – Rio Bravo Senior Center parking lot, 3910 Isleta Blvd SW
- Tuesday, Nov. 24 – Sherriff’s Posse Outdoor Facility, 10308 2nd St NW
- Monday, Dec. 21 – Rio Bravo Senior Center parking lot, 3910 Isleta Blvd SW
- Tuesday, Dec. 22 – Sherriff’s Posse Outdoor Facility, 10308 2nd St NW
- Where New Mexico stands in reaching ‘herd immunity’
- Spot rain showers expected throughout New Mexico
- House could vote on Biden’s $1.9 trillion COVID-19 relief package, $1,400 checks Friday
- US carries out airstrike against Iranian-backed militia target in Syria
- Bill would prevent transgender females from competing in girls, women sports