ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE) – Bernalillo County authorities are investigating after about $15,000 was reportedly stolen from inmates at the Metro Detention Center.
An independent audit alleges that a former fiscal supervisor at the jail used inmate accounts and issued fraudulent debit cars. Those accounts are used for commissary and phone card transactions.
- MRI researcher may have accidentally discovered how gas planets are magnetic
- City officials give public opportunity to meet police chief candidates Saturday
- Trouble breathing, tooth loss: Some COVID-19 patients face lasting effects
- Survey: Majority of U.S. Catholics say abortion should be legal in most cases
- Pet deer known for bond with 2 husky dogs is seized by Indiana authorities