ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE) – Providing assistance to under-represented youth and adults, the non-profit organization Albuquerque Adult Learning Center strives to create and support adults through student-focused adult education and career services. ABQ-ALC Executive Director Gloria Rael and Program Director Jamie Trujillo highlight the programs they offer.
Story continues below
- Albuquerque: Video: Fight between two groups turns deadly in Albuquerque
- Top Story: Car drives through parade in Gallup; injuries now confirmed
- New Mexico: Bureau of Land Management asks for feedback on wild horse gather plan
- Crime: Deadly robbery suspect takes plea deal
- KRQE En Español: Jueves 4 de Agosto 2022
ABQ-ALC will hold a series of virtual events for its 4th Annual Fundraiser and Silent Auction. The events will help benefit adult student learners who are working to obtain a High School Equivalency Credential.
- Dec. 3, 2021 from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.: Painting with a Twist; $100 per person
- Dec. 10, 2021 from 6 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.: Holiday Mixology Tutorial; $100 per person
Despite the economic upset and issues brought on by the pandemic, ABQ-ALC has continued to serve underrepresented individuals working to improve their lives. By purchasing a ticket to one of the events, the community helps the organization help adult learners, ensure remote learning resources, and offer career-skill building support.