ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE) – Local business leaders and the community came together to make sure local children have clothes to wear to school. The Lobo Theater in Nob Hill teamed up with M’Tucci’s Restaurant and Electric Playhouse for a Friendsgiving event featuring local food and music.
Story continues below
- Vaccines: Locals respond to state requiring booster shots for certain professions
- Crime: Teen suspect wounded following officer-involved shooting in NW Albuquerque
- Weather: Nice weekend, but changes are on the way
- Events: What’s happening around New Mexico December 3 – December 9
- KRQE En Español: KRQE En Español: Jueves 2 de Dicembre 2021
Proceeds went to the nonprofit Locker 505 which collects clothing for kids in need. “The kiddo gets a personal shopper, and our facility set up very much like a store, actually gets to shop for their clothes, try things on,” said Kim Kerschen of Locker 505.
The organization says they have already seen more than 1,000 students since the school year started in August.