ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE) – The Battle of the Salsas and the Green Chile Cheeseburger Challenge are back at the state fair this year. The Battle of the Salsas goes next Saturday, Sept. 11 in the Agriculture building courtyard.
Story continues below:
- Investigation: What happens after someone attacks a healthcare worker?
- Don’t Miss: New Mexico native recognized in Bon Appétit Magazine for Brooklyn restaurant
- Weird: Man once accused of having sex with horse now accused of escape from jail
- KRQE en Espanol: KRQE En Español: Viernes 23 de Septiembre 2021
- Crime: FBI investigates Albuquerque couple for bank robbery
The first 150 people there serve as judges. They’ll receive salsa, a bag of tortilla chips, and a ballot. The green chile cheeseburger contest goes down Monday, Sept. 13 at 12 p.m.
A panel of judges including KRQE’s morning anchor David Romero will choose which restaurant wins. Fairgoers are encouraged to watch the burger challenge take place. Visit the state fair’s website to learn more.