ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE) – A new show highlighting youth photography is returning. The Focus on Youth photography exhibition features work from high school students in the metro area.
Story continues below
- Trending: ‘Broadening my horizons’: Student visionaries to showcase artwork
- Entertainment: What concerts are coming to New Mexico in 2021?
- Vaccine: Some New Mexicans skipping out on second dose of COVID vaccine
- Local: Albuquerque mother, daughter team working to build a pollinator corridor
- Coronavirus: Albuquerque restaurants, bars react to going Turquoise
Many of the pieces were made in response to the pandemic. The project is a collaboration between the Albuquerque Public Schools Fine Arts Program and the Albuquerque Museum. The program was created in 1986 to highlight students’ efforts in their photography classes.
Last year’s show was canceled. This year, instead of being judged by photography professionals, it will be judged by teachers. The show can be viewed online at cabq.gov/artsculture until September. It features four different galleries, each with a different theme.